Welsh Quilt Centre - Cookies Policy
- Our Website uses 'cookies' to distinguish you from other users of our website.
- This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our service. On revisiting our website, we will therefore be able to obtain information about your previous visits and about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
- Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searchesand to recognise you when you return to our site.
- Generally provide a more convenient browsing experience for you.
- A cookie is a small amount of data or parcels of text that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive if you agree. Generally, such a 'cookie' being a file in your web browser will enable the Website to recognise your computer when you visit the site.
- You can generally set your browser to not accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it.
- You can accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or modify your browser to alert you of any new cookies. To clear the stored cookies, you can normally go to the Tools dropdown menu at the top of the browser window.
- Certain parts of the Website may not function without technical problems if you have 'disabled' the cookies file in your browser.
- You can discover independent information about cookies by researching the Internet or carrying out online searches.